Sign the petition: http://www.ipetitions.com/petition/i-support-the-lakeview-sit-in/
Donate funds: wepay.com/donations/157174
Volunteer: email firstname.lastname@example.org with your interests and availability or come on down to Lakeview
Spread the word: like us on facebook, tell your friends, forward our emails, pick up flyers at Lakeview and pass them out! Come by Lakeview between 4:30pm and 7pm to participate in a picket, holding signs and giving out fliers.
Participate in “The People’s School for Public Education”
- Enroll your children
- Support us through leading a class or activity-email email@example.com to let us know
Donate food or supplies: your contributions are always welcome, bring them down to Lakeview! Our current wishlist includes
- Napkins/paper towels
- Tents/sleeping bags
- Tupperware containers/zip lock bags
- Hula Hoops/Jump Ropes
- Snacks for kids-snack bars, juice, fruit
- Coolers and ice
- Walkie Talkies
- Toner for a large copy machine (ask us about the specific model)
If you are part of a union/organization/community group/faith community please:
- Invite members of your organization to the daily 5pm actions outside of Lakeview and to the Saturday 12pm march meeting at Oscar Grant Plaza.
- Officially endorse the Lakeview Sit-in, “The People’s School for Public Education” and our demands. You can email me with your endorsement. We will post that endorsement on our blog at saveoaklandschools.org. Our list of demands can be found here: http://saveoaklandschools.org/demands/.
- Write a letter in support of this action. We will post it on our blog and facebook and also send it to Tony Smith (OUSD superintendent).